Friday, January 29, 2010

1/27/10; Row and Thrust

Five rounds for time-
Row 500 meters
135# Thruster x7
Total time- 13:29

I’m very fortunate enough to have a good friend that is a battalion commander where I am currently TDY. Fortunately, he’s as big a fan of Crossfit, so he’s outfitted his battalion headquarters with a C2 rower, GHD, Tons of weight, Towers, pull up bars and KBs up to 106#....who the heck uses a 106# KB??? Probably Jason Khalipa. Anyhow, it’s really nice to have all this equipment available, so it’s inspired me to be more proactive about getting my company gym started. I think the company can have a decent set up for about $2500. We’ll see. In any case, I’m going to put some energy into this and will hopefully leave a lasting legacy for the Company.

Warm up- I rowed for about 500 meters, did some pull ups, Oly bar thrusters followed by 95# thrusters, and finally, I did some stretching to get loose.

The WOD- As usual, row workouts are vicious. My first round, I averaged about 1:48/ 500m, during the last round, I was right at 2:06. The set up was nice, as the rower was no more than 10 feet from the weights. Thrusters are tough…dang tough. During the first couple of rounds I could crank out the work at a pretty even pace. During the last few rounds, I found myself pausing after 3 or 4 reps. I even dropped the weights for a break during the last round after the fourth rep. This seemingly benign WOD is tough. However, all WODs are tough when you’re giving all out efforts.

3-2-1…GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment