Monday, January 18, 2010

1/18/10; Lunge, Jump, Run

3 rounds for time:
50 m lunge
100 m broad jump
200 m run

Total time: 12:54

Disclaimer- This WOD is painful. Holy mackerel...this stuff was tough. I think that I honestly hit culmination at the end of my first 50 meter lunge. My wife was timing me and my daughter was cheering me on, so I just couldn't quit.

I went to a local football field/ track complex and marked off 50 meters. From there it was game on. I would certainly suggest that anybody who does this WOD do it on a field of some sort. I would never do anything like this in a parking lot or any concrete surface. During some of the jumps, I would completely crumble on the landings. As a result, I was happy I picked a soft surface like grass to do this WOD. I found a good strong arm swing to be key to banging out some good distance on the broad jumps. The lunges and runs were just a matter of embracing the suck.

Kudos for my wife for cranking this one out. She did awesome and it was actually fun to yell "3-2-1...GO!" to somebody else besides myself. After we completed the WOD, my wife, daughter and I went ahead did some handstand practicing. It was fun...just something a little easy and something we could all do together. Six sets of 30 second holds. Lots of fun and towards the end my form started shaping up. More practice and I'll be walking on my hands in no time.

3-2-1...GO!

1 comment:

  1. This was a lot of fun! Reagan is has mad jumping skills, huh? Playing at the park was probably my favorite part of workout.

    ReplyDelete