Friday, January 22, 2010

1/22/10; 100 Burpee to pull ups

Yes. You read that right. One hundred. For time. I don't think that there is a more intimidating number than 100 when it comes to repetitions in a single exercise. Go as long and as fast as you can.

My time- 14:35.

I kept a record in my head of where I was at certain points of the WOD-
20 reps- ~2 minutes
50 reps- ~6 minutes
75 reps- ~11 minutes

This whole WOD was a gut check. Towards the end, I was doing about five reps at a time and resting to catch my breath. I really turned it on when I saw that I was at about 12-13 minutes. My goal was to be complete with the WOD in less than 15 minutes. When I got done, I just grabbed my stuff and laid down on a stretching mat for about ten minutes. I was so nauseous and out of breath, that all I wanted to do was lay down. It sucked. Afterward, I got up, grabbed my stuff and headed to the treadmill to walk for a few minutes, just to get right again.

This was a great WOD. However, you have to be able to own a peice of globogym equipment for about as long as you think you'll take to do the WOD. That can be problematic at some gyms. Especially when you consider I was using the pull up bars on the cable cross-over machines.

Total time at the gym- 35 minutes.

3-2-1...GO!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! my lungs were burning on this one. i actually used the cable crossover support for the pullups. reps 50-75 were hell for me. 16:49

    jimmy p

    ReplyDelete
  2. JIMMY P! Nice. Great time. I thought I was going to spew at the end. This one really sucked. I think we used the same piece of equipment on this one. I jammed my finger on the beam above the pull up bar on one of my last sets of five.

    Strongly considering transforming the garage into a crossfit gym. Would be so much nicer to have the equipment at the hizzy. Pricey items are the rower and bumper weights. $900 and about $600, respectively.

    What was the name of the weight vest you bought? I'm thinking about getting one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20# short MIR vest. its expensive, but i love it. its very well constructed and fits well. others i looked at seemed like thet would be all over me like a cheap suit. i woul love to have a garage setup....first, i would need a garage :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I just checked out the website. Good stuff. Jason Khalipa is a beast. He did Fran in less than half the time it took me with a weighted vest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. khalipa is a monster. just dont ask him to run, lol. 09 games he came in next to last for the 7k run. this was the first event. he went on to finish 5th overall. great guy made no excuses and im sure he's working his weakness.

    ReplyDelete