Friday, January 29, 2010

1/29/10; Run, swing, burpee


Three rounds for time:

Run 400m

24kg KB swing- 30

Burpee- 30


Total time- 18:19


Warm up- I hopped on the aerodyne bike for about 3 minutes to get my body loose. I was exceptionally tight after yesterday’s workout. After that, I did some lower back stretching, followed by a few sets of light swings (16kg KB). Once I got outside and set up the course, I ran a ¼ mile to warm up just a little bit more, as it was exceptionally chilly in San Jose this morning.


The WOD- I felt light and fast for the first 400m. I came in just around 85 seconds. Then the KB got me! I forgot how much swings can really get your lungs going. I was probably about 20 swings in before I really started to get drained and then I paused at 25 and cranked out 5 more. I’m sure that I looked totally retarded on the burpees. Between hauling butt on the run and the KB swings, my legs and glutes were juiced. I managed to do about 12 in a row before I had to take a breather and continue. The By the time I got done with the first round I was looking at about 4:30. Each subsequent set was just as hard. It seems like I was able to crank out the KB swings and burpees with a little more rhythm after each set. The run, however, was a different story. The second and third set of runs felt like I had Master Blaster from Bartertown on my shoulders. (Mad Max, Beyond the Thunderdome).


Total time working out – 35 minutes. I had a hard time loosening up after yesterday’s WOD. So, it took me some time to get there. Cool down was stretches and hauling KBs back in. Great work out. I finally figured out a way to describe CF’s intensity to a fellow Soldier- I asked him if he remembered what it was like to be an Ubermotivated Joe. He replied, “Yes.” Then I said, “Remember how during every PT test you took as a young Joe, you went all out intensity for those two minutes of PU and SU, then went as hard as you could on the 2-mile….even to the point of throwing up?”. At this point, I could see the light glowing over the top of his head and he said, “Yeah!”. I replied, “That’s it. That’s how you have to look at every CF WOD.”


3-2-1…GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment