Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/10; Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Olympic lifts. I don’t know if it’s my lack of dance ability or just a bad shoulder/knee combination that makes these lifts so difficult. To compound things, I only have Iron weights at the gym that I go to. Mr. Snatch is the bane of my lifting existence. I watched all the snatch vids that I could find on the CF site. The video I found the most beneficial was a youtube vid of the Snatch by velocity lifting out of California. They track the movement of the lifter and the bar on a profile shot while simultaneously talking you through the exercise. Here’s the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nc4DpIzns8

WU- 5:00 walk to run progression on treadmill, a few push ups, internal/external rotation of the shoulders, squats, and snatch drills with the bar off of the CF demo site.
115 – uneven lift at the top
115 – better, but not pretty
125 – fail (twice)
115 – cleaner
120 – had to press to correct the bar at the top
120 – pressed again to maintain control of the bar120 – sloppy…actually hideous

I will master this lift. And, yes, those are lbs, not kilos… I’m sucking at this one. I finished up with more drills. I really do want to get better at these lifts. (that’s my mantra on Oly days)

No comments:

Post a Comment