Sunday, January 3, 2010

Abbreviations, Acronyms, and isms

Here are some common abbreviations I may use from time to time on the site:

1RM- 1 rep max
AMRAP- as many rounds as possible
BB- barbell
BP- bench press
DB- dumbell
DL- deadlift
DU- Double Under (jumping rope)
FT- for time
GU- Get up (can be done with a DB/KB or sandbag)
KB- Kettlebell
PU- push up
PLU- pull up
SU- sit up
SQT- squat
Tabata- A protocol of 20 seconds of work followed immediately by 10 seconds of rest. Usually done in sets of 8, lasting four minutes. They sound relatively harmless, but I swear you'll see a vision of the Holy Mother if you're pushing yourself.
WOD- workout of the day


This is all that I can really think of that would be confusing to somebody new to the game. I'll add more as I see them and update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment