Thursday, January 7, 2010

Changes to the schedule

I alluded to the fact that I would have to change some of the rules to the crossfit experiment and here they are:

  • I’m going to do the CF WODs on Monday thru Friday and do CFE on Tuesday and Thursday. CFE is something I’m doing to ensure that my running is up to par for the Army.
  • Further, my wife and I are training for a half marathon, so I’m doing a long run on Saturdays. Once this training is complete, I may revert to CFE WODs or continue running with a middle distance run.
  • Sunday is a rest day, as it was intended to be.

If I stuck to doing the CF main WODs and CFE on Tuesday and Thursday there is a possibility that I could go a LONG time without a break. That’s why I felt these changes were necessary.

They’re not drastic changes and I’ll still follow the WODs a week behind. Another point I’m going to make is that, as I mentioned in the beginning of the blog, I will temper judgment with these WODs. Meaning, that if I’m smoked, then I’m not going to risk injury to prove a point. The point of this experiment is to measure the efficacy of Crossfit combined with my diet plan over the next year.

3-2-1….Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment