Friday, January 29, 2010

1/28/10; DL and Pull ups

For time:
225# DL- 15
PLU- 50
225# DL- 12
PLU- 40
225# DL- 9
PLU- 30
225# DL- 6
PLU- 20
225# DL- 3
PLU- 10

Total time- 16:41

Warm up- I hopped on the rower for about 3 minutes, just to get the back warm. After that, I did about 3 sets of 135# DLs at 10 reps. Following that, I did some stretching for my back, and hamstrings.

The WOD- 225 pounds isn’t much in the DL…but following the first set of DL and PLU, it got heavy, real quick! I burned straight through on the 15/50 set, but I had to drop the bar a few times during the subsequent set. Pull ups were painful. During sets three to five, I was having to do 5 reps at a time, pause, and restart…heck, towards the end I was doing one at a time. My hands looked like hamburger by the time I got done. The equipment in my buddy’s gym is nice and new…unfortunately, so is the knurling on the Oly bar and Pull up bar on the tower. I was huffing and puffing really hard at the end. Somehow, I found the strength to do 6 straight DLs and 3 straight DLs on my last two sets…what really held me back on this was the fatigue I felt in the pull ups. I’ve got to get better at kipping.

Total time at the gym- 41 minutes. That was with two people running through the WOD, warm up, and placing all the equipment back to where it belonged. Awesome.

3-2-1…GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment