Friday, January 8, 2010

1/8/10; Angie....sort of.

Angie, or as I like to call her, hundreds of fun.
100 pull ups
100 push ups
100 sit ups
100 squats
For time: 15:58

This sucked. I’ll tell you why it sucked- the pull up bar at work is outside. Today, in the beautiful city of Austin, it was 24 degrees when I went outside to do this. Not to mention the wind was howling at Camp Mabry. Brrrrrr!

My strategy for time was to mix it up, two exercises at a time. I thought by doing this, I could crank out the time much faster. I thought I’d be able to best 15 minutes for sure, but as the workout progressed, the suck ensued. I started strong with 20 pullups, and 20 pushups, then quickly dropped to 15 and 15, then 10 and 10 , and finally 5 and 5. When I hit the fives, I mixed the squats, and when I ran out of squats, I did the sit ups. Despite the frigid temps, I was huffing pretty good and worked up a decent sweat under my three layers of t-shirt, long sleeve workout shirt, and hoody jacket. My hands were freezing, though….I had to ditch the gloves after the first set of pull ups, the bar was too slippery with gloves.

I found out after the fact that this WOD is supposed to be done one exercise at a time. A big oops! Even following this protocol, I think that as time progresses, I’ll be able to drop this time down to sub 13’s. That allows for roughly 1.5 seconds a repetition on these exercises. As it stands I averaged about 2.4 seconds per rep with the cheat method that I employed.

3-2-1…Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment