Thursday, January 14, 2010

1/14/10; CFE

Run 7 mins on, 3 mins off. 3 rounds.
  1. 1.07 miles (6:32 per mile)
  2. 1.03 miles (6:47 per mile)
  3. .97 miles (7:12 per mile)
Total distance- 3.07 miles (6:50 per mile average pace)
Nautilus treadmill, set on 1.5% incline.

After 270 squats from Cindy on Tuesday and 250 squats from Barbara yesterday, my legs were tight and I was dreading this workout. I did, however meet my goal of beating 7:00 per mile average on two of three rounds. I came close on the last, but half way through my legs turned to rubbery jello. The adrenaline kicked in and finished pretty strong in the last 30 seconds of the last round.

You would think that three minutes rest between rounds is plenty of time…well, it hardly felt like it. I had enough time to walk around for a little bit, stretch, and then do some deep breathing to oxygenate my muscles for the next round. However, I hardly felt like I was “fully” recovered from the previous round.

The workout, from warm up to cool down, was complete in about 35 minutes. Again, Crossfit stays true to its name and results in a relatively quick workout that smokes you completely. On another note, I had to avoid the CF WOD today because of timing with family and professional life. Frankly, I enjoyed the rest. I think that if I'd have done today's WOD on top of the CFE WOD, my legs would have mutinied from the rest of my body.

Until tomorrow. 3-2-1… GO!

4 comments:

  1. i did this today on my rest day. didnt workout too well for me, lol.

    treadmill 1.5 incline
    1- 1.05 miles ~6:39 (hams and glutes about to fall off)
    2- three minutes in, my legs left the gym. i took 30 seconds to counsel them. then did intervals till 7 minutes was up.
    3- .92 miles started slow and worked my way to a sprint for the last minute.

    EXCUSE ALERT! me thinks the lunge, jump, run WOD and 3RMx5 deadlifts last night did me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard nice stories about the lunge, jump, run WOD. A buddy of mine in Korea did it the other day with his body armor on...said he was convinced he looked like a retard, but he was completely smoked after doing it.

    I'm dreading that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dat wuz me, lol. in this case Jim=Jimmy P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Thanks Jimmy. I R STRONG LIKE OX, SMART LIKE HAMMAR.

    ReplyDelete