Sunday, January 17, 2010

1/17/10; Fran and some other stuff

Fran-
21-15-9
95lb. Thruster and Pull ups for time with appropriate repetitions.
Total time- 7:34

Well, I swapped my day off because I found myself drinking a touch too much with my wife on Friday night and we both stayed up pretty late. The next day I felt like poo, and new I couldn't get a decent workout in if I tried.

So, I watched Coach Glassman's (founder of Crossfit) video on how he came up with Fran. It made total sense for what he was attempting to replicate. The workout sucked and I had to make some modifications, but weights were as prescribed.

At my globogym, there are no bumper weights. Further, they look at you cross if you drag equipment from one end of the gym to the other. So, to make due with the exercise, I used one of those cambered curling bars that had 95 pounds written on the side. I'm certain that the feel was different, and I'm convinced that if I was at a crossfit gym, I'd have had no problem tossing the weights on the floor. Here, however, I felt compelled to lay the bar gently to the floor, then hit my pull ups.

Here's how my breakdown went-
  1. Thruster- 12/5/3/2; Pull ups- 15/6
  2. Thruster- 4/4/3/2/1; Pull ups- 8/3/3/1 (threw up in my mouth, swallowed hard and did a jumping pull up)
  3. Thruster- 3/3/2/1; Pull ups- 3/2/2/1/1 (Jumping pull ups on the last four breaks)

I immediately sat down, dawned a towel on my head and focused on happy thoughts to avoid spewing. I rested for about 10 minutes, then I went to the squat rack and banged out 50 overhead squats. All sets had a 30 second rest period between and I only did the bar, focusing on strict form. This is an exercise that is apparently essential for getting better at the Oly lifts.

OH Squats- 6/7/8/9/10/10

After that, I cooled down and did some stretching. Total time at the gym was 36 minutes. I spend more time commuting there than I did at the gym...I hate that. Makes me want to build a home gym in a bad way.

3-2-1....GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment