Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/10; DL 5x5

Deadlift 5 x 5RM
Totals:
280
285
290
295
305 (regripped at 3)

The warm up- I hopped on the rower and puttered around about five minutes to get the back loose. Somewhere in the middle, I decided I wanted to see what an all out 500m would look like and I managed to get a 1:34. I thought it was a decent time, and what really surprised me was how hard my heart was pumping. I thought it was going to fly out of my chest. After the rows, I some DLs- 2x 135# at 6 reps, 1x 225# at 6 reps. After that, I started the WOD.

The WOD- I did something different today with DLs. I've seen a lot of this "barefoot" deadlifting and squatting, thrusters, etc., and decided to give it a go. It was actually comfortable. What was also interesting was the fact that I felt a little more balanced without the shoes on. You'll see my totals up at the top. I will mention that when I got done with set five, I thought I was going to pass out. It was a pretty tough effort. I had to regrip after the third rep, though. There was no chalk available at my buddy's gym and my hands were slipping a little on the last sets. I stay away from sloppy form on these lifts. These are the efforts where, if your form is off, you could seriously injure yourself. I rested about 3 minutes or longer between sets. I know that I never exceeded 5 minutes. Okay WOD...another boring one, but it's necessary for strength development. Total time at the gym- about 30 minutes.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment