Thursday, February 18, 2010

2/18/10; No CF....again.

I just got back from work and it was one of "those days." I'm going to take a moment to digress from the usual CF blog and complain about work.

In my profession, we have a habit of punishing the performers. Specifically, if you shine above your peers and superiors, you'll be working your tail off and doing other people's jobs. I really do wish that we would run our organization like a Fortune 500 company. If you don't produce, go someplace else and suck off of their teet. It disgusts me to know that some of these fat, lazy people are actually going to get promoted and get jobs with more responsibility. How the heck does that work?

Back to working out- Although I didn't do a CF WOD today, I did run on the treadmill...like a gerbil. I've been going with the wife to the gym in the mornings to knock out some extra cardio and just hang out. Today I did an easy hill run for about 55 minutes. I covered 5 miles and my hill settings varied between 6-10% grade. I increased by increments of 1% grade every five minutes and stayed at 10% until the last 10 minutes, where I dropped back to 6%. It was an easy stroll pace, but it keeps the heart pumping because of the hills. Very, very boring, though. I watched the news while doing this.

I will give CF this- It's perfect for those of us with mild ADD.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. Drew Murr 2/19/09
    DL 255x3, 305x3, 335x3
    100 Burpees: 19'22"

    and 8'12" until I got off the gym floor after the work out.

    Where you @ Cappin'Conner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my post on today's WOD. Great job. It's good to see that went all the way through the 100 burpees of suck.

    ReplyDelete