Saturday, February 27, 2010

2/27/10; Run, OH Lunges, and a community WOD

6 rounds for time-

Run 400m
45# OH Lunges, 50m

Total time- 23:26 (me)/ 26:50 (wife)

I changed this up from a previous WOD I had planned for 5 rounds of 400m and 95# OH squat x 15 reps. This one sucked considerably.

The warm up- It was a beautiful day today, so me and the wife headed out to the track and did a half mile and 10 reps each of lunges, squats, and push ups.

The WOD- I hit the first 400m at about 75s, but once I started doing the overhead lunges, it was a different story. I used a 45# bumper plate and the wife used a 25# bumper plate. The suckness was high on this WOD. I can't imagine why I threw the extra round in there, but I did. Stupid. I completed round three in about 11 minutes and that's when I realized I wouldn't meet my goal of a sub 20 minute WOD. These combinations of "M" and "W" WODs really force you to focus on form during the weight training and cardio. I was very careful to keep a tight core while doing the lunges and work on my "kick" on the runs. I had very little "kick" left in the later rounds. This was a total gut check. Great WOD that I got off of the crossfit main site.

In other news, the wife and I are considering opening up our garage gym to the community in order to build some publicity of Crossfit in this area of Austin. A possible name- Conner Crossfit or Crossfit Steiner Ranch. There are two gyms that are about 15-20 minutes in either direction of our home, but nothing in our development. I have to see how much using the affiliate name is going to cost. I have successfully hooked the wife and she's wanting another set of Oly bars and bumper plates. We're going to open weekend WODs at Canyon Ridge Middle School track on Saturdays. More to follow!

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment