Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2/2/10; RowFran?

For time:
Row 1000m
21- 95#Thruster
21- Pull ups
Row 750m
15- 95#Thruster
15- Pull ups
Row 500m
9- 95#Thruster
9- Pull ups

Total time - 15:34

Warm up- I started out with an easy 500m row. I did about 15 pull ups and 3 sets of Bar thruster for 10 reps. Did some rotational exercises and stretched out.

The WOD- I cranked through the 1000m in about 3:45, 750m in about 3 minutes, and the last 500m in over 2 minutes. My Thrusters were 15/6; 9/6; 9, pull ups 11/10; 6/3/3/3; 5/2/2. The last time I did Fran was about 7:30. I think that the next time I do Fran, I’ll have made some significant improvement. The quick math on this one means that I did the Fran portion of this in just under 7 minutes. Needless to say, I’m pretty pumped with the results on this WOD. It means that my baseline Fran is improving significantly and it’s only been about a month of nothing but CF. The workout was tough. It was easy to minimize moving from station to station because the C2 rower was near (about 10ft.) the tower, and I laid the Oly bar next to the tower, so I hit pull ups immediately after Thrusters. I’d say that part of having a good total time with these CF workouts is having all the equipment near each other, which may not be possible in a conventional globogym.

3-2-1…GO!

2 comments:

  1. dewd,
    thats a sick workout! i dare you to do the GOMAD/Row/Fran, lol. i miss the C2, the gym here doesnt have them...yet. great time on grace too. squat or power cleans? jimmy p

    ReplyDelete
  2. C2s are awesome. I'm so happy that my buddy has one in his battalion gym. Power cleans on the Grace. I just about hurled at 27.

    ReplyDelete