Friday, February 5, 2010

2/5/10; Row & KBs

5 rounds for time:
Row 500m
KB C&P (24kg) x 8 (per arm)

Total time: 17:10

The warm up- I ran a 1/4 mile to loosen up this morning. I was feeling a little tight. I also rowed about 500m nice and easy. After that, I did a few squats, pull ups, dynamic should rotations and then prepared for the WOD.

The WOD- I burned through my first 500m in 1:39. I was really surprised with that time. My strokes are more efficient and learning that you can derive a lot of power from long, strong pulls on the C2. The KB Clean and presses were pretty tough. 24kg doesn't seem like a lot, but once you get done rowing, you're really starting to gasp for air. My technique on the C&P was to do one per arm, I'd to the right, drop, do the left, repeat. It kept me breathing hard, but the technique saved me from exhausting the arm too quickly. By the time I got to round 3 and 4, I was doing sets of three, taking a deep breath and repeating until I got done with the set. This WOD was tough, and it required a lot of focus on the KB movement. The tops of my forearms are bruised from KB hitting it, too. Great WOD, and I was smoked at the end.... I collapsed at the end and lay sprawled out on the floor of the gym.

Total time at the gym- just under 30 minutes.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment