Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2/23/10; Elizabeth...@ the HOME GYM!




That's right! At the home gym. Woo-hoo!
Elizabeth-
21-15-9
135# Cleans
Ring dips
Total time- 9:55
The warm up- I didn't jog because I really didn't feel like it. I did some DLs- 3 sets of 135 to warm up. 10 reps each of push ups, pull ups, squats, lunges and ring dips.

The WOD- It was a very exciting time for me today. I backed the car out of the garage, blasted System of a Down on my shuffle and went to work. I burned through the 21 Cleans (12-6-3) in 2:19, which makes me think that my Grace time may have gone down. Once I hit the ring dips, though.... fahgetabadit. Holy crap, those really do suck and I need to do them more often. Not to mention that I left my rings at the office and used the strap system thingy that the power rack I purchased came with. The second round was a 5-5-5 on the cleans and ring dips were like 3 or 4 or at a time. It was at this point that I became a little warm and realized, "hey, I'm at the house...I can strip the shirt off if I feel like it." That was probably the best feeling of the workout. Having the ability to do things that you don't normally do at the globogym. Chalk up your hands, grunt excessively loud, spit, remove your shirt, whatever. The last round was really tough, and the cleans went 5-4 and the 3-2-2-2. I wasn't "lying on the floor" exhausted, but I was smoked and happy that I did this at the house.
About five minutes after I got done with the WOD, I sipped some water and did some more ring dips because I really needed it. Maybe going to the Crossfit cert in May will help me be a better ring dipper. I don't know....I'll have to sell it to the wife that way.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. what no pics of you with no shirt, lol. that rack is awesome. perfect for the home gym. its been months since i knocked out this workout. last time was 14:05. at the time it was my 2nd day trying squat cleans so i scaled it to 105#. you can do some ghd type situps by setting up a bench in front of the rack sideways and hooking your feet on a racked heavy bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, bro! Summer just got a little hotter in that garage... Is that the apartment or new house?

    ReplyDelete