Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2/16/10; AMRAP

AMRAP in 20 minutes
Run 400m
20 1.5 pood KB swings
20 Burpees

Total- 5 rounds and 16 burpees

The warm up- It wasn't too cold today, but I still ran a little bit to warm up. 1/2 mile jog, 10 reps each of walking lunges, air squats, push ups, and pull ups.

The WOD- This was a tough one, I had a goal of beating 5 rounds which meant that I would have to "game" and pace myself for 4 mins a round. I never really game the rounds, but today I wanted to see what I would do if I paced myself. I felt good, and I honestly don't know how I would have done if I just would have went all out in the beginning. The burpees are getting a lot easier now, too. I went straight rounds on the first two and had to break up swings and burpees afterward.

Reference the home CF gym- I've ordered bumper weights, (2 x 45s, 2 x 25s) both commonly used KBs (16 and 24kg), as well as an AbMat. A total of $378.18 has been spent so far with an additional $556 being forecasted by this Friday. Shipping costs SUCK! I found a great deal on the bumper plates (no shipping) and the KBs shipping came to $50. $50 is enough to buy another 24 kg for the price that I found them. The bench and squat rack combo is going to be bought locally, as well as the Oly weight set with a bar that's capable of handling 500lbs. I'm making the pull up bar and the plyo box which is going to save me about $200. It helps to be handy in those areas. Pics will follow after this weekend. I hope to have everything together then. I'm not looking forward to cutting the horsestall mats to size. That's going to be the suckiest part according to all accounts.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment