Monday, February 22, 2010

2/22/10; Run 7k

Run to Mt. Bonnell Covert park and back to the unit.

Total time- 36:19 (8:22 per mile)

Warm up- I didn't really warm up for this one, I just ran slow and easy in the beginning and picked it up at the hill and stairs.

The WOD- Today was an "M" day. Relatively easy, just run for time. The Mt. Bonnell Covert Park run is especially suck, though. It's a 7k run (just over 4 and a quarter) that starts out with an easy downhill 1 mile and then it starts to get hilly. Once you hit Mt. Bonnell road, it's over. The hill has got to be at least an 8% grade that goes for about 3/4 of a mile. Once you hit the top of the road, you head up the stairs (about 200 meters) for another steep incline. Your reward is a brief view of the lower Colorado River and a beautiful sunset. Running back is just as suck, in my opinion, because that easy downhill 1 mile in the beginning is what you get to finish up with. I felt like I could have run a bit faster and I'll certainly push myself a lot harder next time. My legs are going to be juiced for tomorrow's WOD. Tabata squats, then this suck run...ugh.

This is the third WOD the the wife has done with me. I'm thinking of getting her a crossfit shirt. Maybe I can convince her to let us drop the cash for me to attend the level 1 in Dallas this May. I can justify it by saying it's so I can be a better coach... we'll see.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. three bars of death today. 1st time i did this one i did it rx'd. it was 40plus minutes of suck. this time i scaled it a bit, 225 DL, 175 Bench press, 115 squat cleans. after the first round i added one more station...the water founatain. 32 minutes this time. jimmy p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three bars of death. Nice. I'm going to have to invest in more weights and another couple of oly bars before I can do this one at home. This is the 10-9-8-7-6-..., right?

    Great time. I'm going to have to get on this.

    ReplyDelete