Thursday, February 25, 2010

2/25/10; 20 mins with Cindy

Cindy-
20 mins AMRAP
5 pull ups
10 push ups
15 squats

Total rounds- 23 and 10 squats...New PR!
Math analysis- a repetition every 1.69 secs.

I did this WOD about a month ago and she destroyed me. Cindy destroyed me again, but I feel much better about the progress I've made over the last two months.

The warm up- I jogged with the wife and dog a little over a quarter of a mile but just under a half. We did ten reps each of push ups, squats, lunges and she started us off.

The WOD- I wasn't too sure how I'd do tonight. honestly thought that I'd only hit 20 and that my improvement wouldn't have been this significant in the last two months. When put into perspective, 5 additional rounds is 25 pull ups, 50 push ups, and 75 more squats (150 total reps) than I previously accomplished. All pull ups were straight through. Right now, the challenge is the push ups. I don't think that I'll overcome that one, though. It goes back to a torn rotator cuff about four years ago that hasn't been right since I injured it. Squats totally sucked. I took a buddy's advice a while ago and just remembered to drive through the heels. Awesome experience tonight and I almost lost my cookies. I was certainly chasing stars after I got done and realized for the first time since college how AWESOME a cold concrete floor feels when you're nauseous.

My wife- She did awesome. We subbed supine ring rows for pull ups and she banged out 26 rounds and 9 push ups. Yes, I said 26. That's a repetition every 1.51 seconds. That's awesome! She's the push up queen and can max the men's scale for push ups on the Army APFT, so she did great. I told her that the next sub is jumping pull ups, then an assist band for pull ups. I'm thinking CF games 2010 once we do more work on pull ups and Oly lifts.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. WoW are you serious? 23+ rounds and Mrs. D-C busted 26+ rounds? Now I have a whole new respect for her. That is SICK.

    Murr: (ashamed)

    14 rounds 2 pushups
    Only the first set of pull-ups were unassisted, after the 8th set of pushups I was down to my knees, but I was already pretty fatigued from the last couple days of crossfitting. I am looking forward to a couple days of recovery.

    Little E: 14 rounds 11 squats

    Major Hill: 14 rounds 6 pushups

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, y'all. I'm glad the workouts are spreading like wildfire. We need to bring more people into the fold.

    Today is an off day for me. I'll hit the crossfit WOD I posted for today on Saturday.

    Yes, Amanda is in sick shape when it comes to the "G" workouts.

    Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete