Saturday, February 13, 2010

2/13/10; CF home gym

Ok. I'm tired of the globogym. I can't do half the workouts I have to on CF and I'm only really going there about twice a week. The rest of the time, I spend at my unit gym. The problem with the unit gym is not all of the equipment I need is available, so I'm forced to "modify" some of the WODs. Don't even get me started on the availability of C2 rowers.

From some research on the internet, I came up with the following cheap prices:


Item/Price (USD)
C2 rower/$900
KBs (16 and 24kg)/$136
Bumper weights (45)/$107
Bumper weights (25)/$98
Pull up bar/$65
Tower/$250
Bench/$59.97
Abmat/$30
Olympic weight set/$320
TOTAL/$1,966
Less C2 Rower/$1,066

All of these prices either came from muscledriver.com or amazon.com. I'll be prowling for great local deals on craigslist to reduce the cost, as well. The shipping costs on many of these items are what kill your wallet.

The pull up bar and plyo box are home made options. The pull up bar is 1 1/4" black plumbing piping connected by flush mounts. The plyo box is already made and was made from 3/4 thick plywood, 1 1/4 inch wood nails and wood glue. I saved over $150 with this when you compare to an again faster stud mounted pull up bar for $139 plus s/h and the plyo box retails for about $105 plus s/h.

As the gym becomes more complete, I'll take pics and post them.

Wish me luck.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment