Sunday, February 21, 2010

2/20/10; Tabata this

Tabata complex-
Tabata Row
Rest 1 min.
Tabata Squat
Rest 1 min.
Tabata Pull up
Rest 1 min.
Tabata Push up
Rest 1 min.
Tabata Sit up

Tabata score is the least number of reps performed in any of the eight intervals. Unit for the row is "calories".

My score- ??+15+5+5+10= 35

The warm up- I ran a 1/4 mile with the wife and did some light stretches and rotations.

The WOD- The display was out on the rower, so I couldn't capture how many calories I burned, or any numbers for that matter. After I got done, I was smoked. Squats sucked, but I pushed through to the last round. Pull ups were challenging and I found that my grip was giving more than I would have liked it to. I was really huffing and puffing by the time I hit these. Push ups were easy for the first two rounds. I knocked out over 20 on the first two, then 10-15 for the next two, then 10 -12 for the next two, then finally I only did five on the last couple of rounds. I was drenched in sweat by this point and really felt like I had nothing left. I thought my head was going to pop during sit ups. Breathing was difficult and I was doing my best to stay above 10 the whole time. The first couple of round, I did 20 each round, after that it dwindled to about 12-15 until the last round.

This was quite possibly the hardest 24 minutes of working out that I've ever done and I've been working out religiously for nearly 20 years. I hope I never see this WOD again. It's evil. Kudos to my wife for banging this one out. She's a trooper and she actually beat me in the squats. She's a bad ass.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. MC,
    congrats on the home gym. its really gunna be nice hittin wods at home. bumper plates are too fun. i only got to use them once. i knocked this workout out the other day. subbed TM at 12% for row. squats after TM was o so niiice. tabata is definately going to be on the company pt schedule. this morning i took the apft with the company. max'd push ups in 40 seconds, took about 1 minute 40 to max situps. had a weak foot holder and after traveling about 5 feet i fell off the mat and had to scoot back to the starting point. pretty funny actually. run was 14:44 on hilly course. have not run much at all this winter other than whats called for on the main site wods. so i was pretty hapy with the time. i ran a 14:30 at FLW after running three days a week. im thinking this spring/summer ill start hittin the track to try for max. on a side note, mary p just completed her third WOD in the box and asked for a crossfit t-shirt. jimmy p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Get Mary P a shirt and get the family involved. Amanda loves it so far, and is really impressed with the programming and intensity of the workouts.

    Check out the CFE site for cardio workouts. They're awesome and I guarantee you'll max the run if you do the programming 3x a week.

    ReplyDelete