Sunday, February 28, 2010

2/28/10; Post "Date night" WOD

FYI- Morning WODs are highly discouraged after "date night" with your wife. So, I did this one late in the afternoon.

For time:
400m
Body weight Deadlift x25 (190lbs.)
400m
Sit ups x50
400m
1.5 pood KB swings x50
400m
25 pull ups

Total time- 15:21

Warm up- I jogged for about a half mile, did strict pull ups for the first time in a LONG time. Surprisingly, I banged out 10 very easily. After that, I did the usual- 10 reps of push ups, squats and lunges. The legs were exceptionally tight from yesterday's WOD.

The WOD- I took off for the run and I was really surprised how tight my legs were. Very stiff on today's running portion. I tried to compensate by stretching my stride as much as I could, but it just wasn't happening. I hit the DLs and it was nice, because I had some chalk set aside and worked through 20 reps, regripped and then finished the last 5. I took off for the run at around 3:15. I didn't really loosen up after the first round, I still felt stiff. I came back in and started sit ups. I have an Abmat, now....but I don't have anything that can hold my feet. So, I used the bench for the first time and set it at the highest incline setting and did my 50 on that. Total suck. 25-10-5-5-5 was my split on the sit ups. I was resting in the "up" position. KB swings sucked and I always forget how much they really get your heart rate up! I stopped at 25, gasped, continued to 12, dropped the KB, re-chalked the hands, gasped some more, and went to 9. I started to see little stars in my periphery, took some deep breaths, regripped and did the last 4. I took off for the run at around 12:30. Sub 15 looked to be in sight. I returned with about 30 seconds to bang out 25 pull ups, but all I could muster for straight sets was 15. I finished up with 5-3-2 and noted the time.

I didn't feel worn out from staying out till 1:00 a.m., but I did feel a little groggy and "out of it" from the jack and margaritas. FYI- Maria Maria Restaurant in downtown Austin is amazing. The wife and I really enjoyed our time there. She skipped the WOD, as she was exhausted from working on the house all day and work constraints. She deserved an extra day off after the week of crossfitting she's done with me. She's wanting to go to a level 1 cert next, so we're looking for the next one near town. Good times...my plan is working. Mooooo-ha-ha-ha-ha!

I haven't done a bodyfat measurement in a while, but I've noticed (and so has the wife) that I'm more defined than when I started this two months ago. Another thing to note is that this type of working out doesn't destroy me like it used to in the beginning. I feel like I've got more endurance for the AMRAPs and MGW workouts. Finer points I need to work on- Oly lifts, gymnastic exercises like the handstand push up, muscleup, and, of course, walking on hands.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment