Monday, February 15, 2010

2/15/10; CF w/ the wife

6 rounds-
1 min sprints
1 min 50% BW DB deadlift

Distance- about .9 miles. I really wasn't paying attention.
Total # of reps- We'll call it 90. I never went a minute w/out less than 15 reps.

The warm up- I hung out with my wife today, so we "warmed up" by doing 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill. I did some light stretching afterwards and brought the dumbells in from the weight room to our apartment complex's cardio room.

The WOD- I thought I'd give running barefoot a shot this time. It felt really wierd. After round 4, I noticed that the bottom of my left foot was a little sore. It became really clear that this soreness was actually a blister. It sucks. Bad decision to run barefoot on my part. I never really counted on the friction being that bad on the treadmill, but it was. I had to use a sumo DL stance to do these DLs. Any other way was a little dangerous and risked destroying my piggies if I lost the grip on the DB. It was a very challenging WOD and really destroyed your glutes/ hams/ and lower back. After we got done, the wife wanted to do more cardio, so I obliged.

Great workout. Today was one of those days where the WOD only took 12 minutes and I far exceeded my usual warm up, prep, and cool down time. I know I normally would have spent less than 30 minutes on this WOD.

3-2-1...GO!

3 comments:

  1. looks like a good WOD. i need to add some more running into the schedule. did the 09 games chipper today. minus muscle ups, but plus 30 ring dips. did it in 31 minutes. miko salo finished the rx'd chipper in about 19:40, truely bionic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miko Salo is a freak. Did you see his workout plan prior to CF Games 09???? He was doing WODs like 4 x a day about 6 weeks out. Disgusting. He and the Borg would have terminator kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, i loved the part where he did two workouts, emptied eveything out of his dads house for a few hours, then knocked out another WOD.

    ReplyDelete