Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2/3/10; Squat, Pull, Burp

5 rounds for time:
30 Squats
20 Pull ups
10 Burpees

Total time: 15:10

Warm up- I ran a 1/4 mile and did the aerodyne bike for a few minutes to loosen up. After that, I did about 20 squats, 10 kipping pull ups, and 10 push ups. I did some stretching afterward and hit the clock to get started.

The WOD- I burned through rounds 1 and 2 in under 5 minutes and thought that I was going to bust 12 on this. It was during round 3 that I realized my legs were juiced from the last few days workouts. Between the Thrusters and some running, I was really feeling it on the squats. I did fairly well on the pull ups. My kipping is getting better...I must have watched the kipping video at least 3 times in the last week. I've also noticed some improvement on my burpees. I did all rounds of burpees straight (unbroken), so I felt good about that improvement. I did feel a little disappointed with my time. I was hoping for something under ten minutes. The time averages out to about 3 seconds per rep. After looking at it this way, I don't feel so bad about my total time.

3-2-1...GO!

3 comments:

  1. I tried your WOD today, modified:

    5 rounds
    15 each of SQ, SU, PU
    7 PLU, no kipping (clean reps)

    5th round was a burnout to 20+ on each exercise, and using a pulldown maching for PLUs.

    1mi run, lazy pace. 1mi walk cool-down, basically not wanting to go back to work.

    I don't do burpees owing to a back problem that it exacerbates.

    Surprised how easy this routine was after going at this sort of routine for two weeks. I say easy and mean that I met my goals and didn't taste too much bile, I didn't crumble going down the stairs, and I can still lift my arms above my head.

    In other words, I'm seeing some improvement!

    I like these routines, Mikey, keep em coming!

    I do have one question: CALVES. I don't see you mention much about the bottom part of your wheels.

    I add in bunny hops (jump rope) and calf machine exercises. Any stuff on that group besides the running and jumping?


    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calves come in when CF programs in double unders on the jump rope...not to mention just the act of jumping rope. You know, just as well as I do, that calves will come in to play in WODs that involve running, burpees, jumping, Oly lifts, etc. They're just not a prime mover in the exercise. Personally, I'm happy that calves are a little neglected in the CF WODs, as mine quickly turn into cows once I exercise them regularly.

    Keep up the work on the WODs and bring more people into the fold with these routines. Being buff and muscular is nice, but not functional. I know that's why I'm enjoying CF so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People in my gym are already noticing, and I've only been at it a month. Once I start eating lean (I'm eating what I want right now, not trimming), it'll really show.

    And you're right in your last two sentences. I feel more flexible, with a higher range of motion, and with fewer day-to-day body pains, such as shoulder and back aches. CF is more ~functional~.

    ReplyDelete