Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2/17/10; Fat and Lazy...sort of


That's how I feel today. I woke up late. Felt groggy all day, even after three cups of coffee in the morning. I was going to work out during lunch, but found an excuse not to. Then, I found an excuse not to work out in the evening.


It's okay, though. Having days like this, where mental and physical fatigue force you into a workout malaise, is perfectly fine. It's your body's way of saying, "I need a break....take one or I'll shut down on you."


The good news is that I spent $47 at Home Depot this evening to buy the lumber and screws needed to build my plyo box. Tomorrow morning I'm going to build it, and then I'm going to use it for the afternoon WOD. Savings- over $60, if you compare to purchasing a wooden one off the internet. The savings is over $80 if you plan on being a steel plyo box. Awesome.
This is a recent pic of me and a College buddy's kids. They came and visited me while I was staying at the NASA Ames Research Facility for some TDY. I had a great time hanging out with them and tried to convince my buddy that Crossfit is where it's at for us Military types. The programming, and conditioning (mental and physical) are exactly, in my opinion, what we need to promote in our profession.


3-2-1...Nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment