Thursday, February 11, 2010

2/11/10; Press 5x3

Press 3-3-3-3-3
My loads-
115#
125#
135#
140#
140#

The warm up- I didn't feel like running, so I just did 10 reps each of squats, lunges, pull ups, push ups. I followed that up with some light presses- bar, 65#, 75#, and 85#.

The WOD- The weights are posted above. I kept it simple. Rest was limited to 3 mins between sets. That seemed like plenty of recovery for each effort. I've never gone all out on these exercises in the past, so you can see that I made some pretty drastic jumps from first set to last. A bad shoulder prevents me from going any further and, as with all exercises, I focus on form exectution not the poundage.

Boring WOD, but these are necessary every once in a while to help you determine poundages for other workouts. Not to mention the strength benefit when you do these WODs. Total time in the gym- less than 30 minutes.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment