Friday, February 19, 2010

2/19/10; DLs and Burpees

DL-
3 x 70% 1RM
3 x 80%
3 x 90%
break
100 burpees for time

My totals
275, 295, 325
9:35 for 100 burpees

The warm up- I did the usual CF warm up, but added two sets of DLs. 135 x 6 reps and 185 x 6 reps.

The WOD- I had another awesome opportunity to work out with the wife today. She keeps me pretty motivated during these work outs, because she's in great shape and well...she's my wife, I feel a need to impress her. All the loads today felt really easy. I'm certain that I could have bumped all my weights up about another 10-20 lbs. The good news is that it means my 1RM has gone up. I totally bone headed the numbers, though. The first set should have been 255, and the last set should have been closer to 330. The burpees just sucked. There is no getting around how intimidating that number is. Just some numbers I recalled off the top of my head- 20 burpees at just over a minute; 50 burpees at 3:51; and after that it was a blur of light headedness and stinging sweat in the eyes. I collapsed in a heap on the floor when I got done and cheered my wife on to her finish time- 10:21. That's an awesome time.... and she's my wife. We both layed on the floor for about another 5 minutes before we picked ourselves up to go to dinner.

Great WOD. We spent about 40 minutes at the gym with the warm up, WODs, and cool down and stretching.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment