Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/24/10; Gut punch

4 rounds for time:
400m
50 DUs (Yes, Drew...I meant to put 50)

This is an "M" day couplet. The DUs must be done. This is your opportunity to practice them.

Total time- 12:04

Warm up- 400m, 10s of PU, PLU, SQT, Lunges, and some DU practice

WOD- I tried to keep a 1:40 pace on the 400s. The DUs sucked. I couldn't get into a good rhythm that lasted longer than 20 at a time. I finally hit a rhythm on the 3rd and 4th round. I went unbroken on round 5 and collapsed in a heap of human mess gasping like a fish out of water. This really sucked.

NOTES- I took something a little personal today and probably went out of my (more than really necessary) to prove that I was right. HUGE personal training failure. I should have just explained that there was some logic to the programming and what I was doing was attempting to get everyone in the club an opportunity practice a weakness. Sorry dude...I was a butthead about it. Learning point for me. One thing I do want to add is that skill building and development leads to increased intensity on the WODs. Just think about how much more today's WOD would have sucked if you're able to tie in 50 DUs unbroken everytime. Ugh.

3-2-1...GO!

1 comment:

  1. "skill building and development leads to increased intensity on the WODs." Tough reality to swallow, I think I am going to work on skill building post WOD, so I don't have to use my WODs as skill building sessions, ie I am doing 100 DUs post WOD Manana.

    ReplyDelete