Wednesday, May 19, 2010

5/20/10; Crane kick

4 rounds for time:
400m run
25 KB Swings
50 DUs
25 Wall ball shots

Total time- 30:50

Warm up- DUs and some ballistic stretching followed by a 400m run.

WOD- Suck. I estimated a finish goal time of under 35 minutes, planning for an average of 8:30 per round. Run was a recovery from the other exercises, with the exception of the first round. Swings sucked...as they always do. DUs were okay, but nothing stellar. By the time you hit rounds 3 and 4, your lungs are burning and it's hard to keep a good rhythm. Wall ball shots were split 5/5/5/5/5 towards the end. I think the first round I went 15/10 and the second was 10/10/5. This was a tough WOD, but we need these every once in a while to tap into the mental reserve. Good work, everyone.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. 3 words: NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE

    Time: 59:39

    Double unders kill me because of bad form/timing I am jumping like 2' in the air instead of 6-9"...need to work on that

    Also, I let the ball hit the ground every time on the wall ball throws, upon further consideration I think it is better to catch the ball and allow the momentum of the ball to push you back down into the start position and then explode immediately into the next rep as many times as possible, (12,7,6) or (15,10) or (5,5,5,5,5) as needed.

    I am a KB stud, no worries there.

    With some DU and ball practice I should drop a big percentage of my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew, that momentum you're talking about is called a "stretch reflex." I read about it in a crossfit journal. And while the act of catching the ball on the way down sucks, it's actually helping you practice good form on the squat.

    ReplyDelete