Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/6/10; Elizabeth

21-15-9 of
135# Clean
Ring Dips

Total time- 8:22 (busted PR by over a minute)

Warm up- I walked the dog for about an hour this morning. After that, I came home, and jumped rope for about 5 minutes and did the 10s of pull ups, push ups, lunges, and squats. I did some Oly bar hang cleans and push presses, too.

WOD- None of my sets were unbroken. I made it to 15 on the cleans and finished 5/1, ring dips went 10/6/5. Round two was 6/5/4 and 5/5/3/2. Round three was truly pathetic. I was gasping for air and wanting it to end. 3/3/2/1, and 5/2/1/1. Tough WOD. I can tell that I've gotten better at the cleans, though. I transition at the midpoint (bounce and shrug) a lot nicer than I did when I first started doing these. Very excited about the PR...the next time around, I'm going to try and bust this by another minute.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. Well, this was truly another adventure in Cross Fit. I haven't done many cleans so I cut the wt to 115. We didn't have rings so we did 2:1 for the dips...we thought 4:1 was a bit insane. Managed to get through this in a better time than I thought 9:02. Not bad for an older guy...LOL! I can definitely tell this is having a great impact on my fitness. Took the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) a week ago and banged out 91 push-ups in 2:00 min. My PR was 106, 20 years ago. I will beat my PR before I move this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound insane, but it's per the CF main site. AND, if you've ever done dips on a ring, you would totally agree. Ring dips require you to stabilize the shoulders a whole lot more than traditional dips.

    You should take another PT test before you leave. I plan to take one just before I sign out on terminal leave in July.

    You can hit the PR!

    ReplyDelete