Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/9/10; CF Total

Find your 1RM for the following lifts:

Press
Deadlift
Squat

See previous post for old totals.

Totals:
Press- 155#
Squat- 295#
Deadlift- 385#
CF TOTAL: 835#

Warm up- Just some light sets of each of the exercises, followed by medium weight at 3 reps. I took a PT test this morning, so I felt sufficiently warmed up.

WOD- Self-explanatory. Find your 1RM based upon your previous totals. I had a failed attempt at 165 on the Press. After that, I went back to the old max. My first attempt on the squat was 275....easy. The next attempt was 295, I got it too. However, there was a bit of a pause at the bottom. That made me a little apprehensive to try 315, so I stopped there. The Deadlift first attempt was 385 met with success. Full open hips and the lift felt easy. Except for one thing...my grip was slipping because of the sweaty palms and a greasy bar. I really could have used chalk today. I wish that I could have brought some with me. If I had the chalk, I would have attempted 405.

Other news- Maxed the PT test today. 75 PUs in ~70s. 76 SUs in 84s. 2 mile run in 13:16. I did that one this morning before the lunch time WOD. I was exceptionally tight in the core area and my hip flexors. I just couldn't get loose on the run at all. I was concerned that I wouldn't max my run and I was really close. The DUs, box jumps, and burpees really smoked me this week. I did note that despite the lack of SUs in CF, I still managed to do 76 SUs unbroken.

CF Works. 3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment