Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/7/10; DUs, Box jumps, and Swings

Five rounds for time:
40 DUs
30 Box jumps (24" box)
20 KB swings (55lb)

Total time- 28:22

Warm up- 400m run; 10s of Pull ups, push ups, squats and lunges. Did some DU work to get warm and motivated.

WOD- Deceiving. I thought I could handle this load in sub 20. So wrong. Between the DUs and the Box jumps, my lungs were burning. Add the KB and you have a recipe for lung napalm. DUs in the 3rd through 5th rounds were so uncoordinated. I managed a few bouts of 15-20 in a row, but for the most part, they were uncoordinated 3 – 5 DUs in a row, catch my breath, repeat. I laid down and caught my breath after the last KB swing. This one drained the life out of me. Tomorrow is suck, too. Not looking forward to it.

3-2-1…GO!

2 comments:

  1. 3 for 1 jump rope for du's so that's 120 jump ropes/round

    time: 36:40

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a definite suck and I need to practice DUs. I did the first round with DUs and that took forever. Then for rounds 2-5, I did the 3:1. What a suckfest this was.

    My time 31:52

    Looking forward to tomorrow's workout.....being over!

    ReplyDelete