Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/2/10; GI Jane

100 Burpee pull ups for time

13:15

Warm up- About ten minutes total of cycling through DUs, 5 push ups, DUs, 5 pull ups, DUs, 5 squats, DUs, 5 lunges, repeat. After that, some liberal stretching with the broomstick combined with some ballistic stretching. I felt really good after doing this. Beforehand, I was really dreading working out until I got my heart rate going.

WOD- I convinced myself not to stop until I hit 25…well, I thought I did. I stopped at 22, breathed really deeply and hard and banged out 3 more. I was 1:57 at that point. After that, I was trying everything to hit 10…FAIL. I stopped at 8, rested and did 7 more. By the time I hit 50, I was at 5:18. 50-75 was mental. I was breathing hard, stopping every 5 and stepping out of my gym into the fresh air. I hit 75 at 9:25. I was continuing with 8 or 7 at a time until the last 15. I broke those up 5/5/3/2. I was so gassed.

I busted my last PR by 1:20. Crossfit works. Improvements have been steady. This marks month three. A quarter of the way through my experiment.

3-2-1…GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment