Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/19/10; Heavy thrusters

Post loads-

Thrusters
7x7

Remember to keep your core tight and the crease at the hips goes below the knees.

115/115 (unbroken)
125/125 (unbroken)
135 (unbroken)
145 (6 unbroken/1)
145 (4 unbroken/1/fail)

Warm up- I did a modified warm up, as I didn't feel like running and really want to get better at gymnastics events. 4 rounds of 20 DUs/ 3 L-pull ups/ 3 handstand push ups (HSPU)/ 3 pistols (one legged squats). On the pistols, I have to modify because I'm a fatty-boom-blatty and I have the knees of a 60 year old prostitute. I modify them by squatting to a stool that is 18" high, sitting and returning to the top on one leg.

WOD- I started conservatively. I wanted to so I could guage where and how quick I could boost weight. I was resting about 3-4 minutes between sets. Long enough to loosen up, catch my breath and begin comfortably. Most of my sets were "unbroken," meaning I did the set straight through. The last two sets were tough. If I would have started any higher, I'm certain I would have failed.

I cooled down with 2 rounds of my warm up, but I modified to 15 second static holds on the handstands. Those were tough, and I was working on getting my chin through, my torso flexed and coming off of the wall.

Great WOD and gymnastics work. CF Level 1 cert in 12 days. I'm pumped.

3-2-1...GO!

1 comment:

  1. Sir,

    Does the 115/115 represent the weight you did? Anyway, I think I want to re-do this workout again tomorrow. I did it, but I don't think I got as much out of it as I needed. I love leg workouts, and I would like to smoke myself. I walked today too, to supplement this, but I had to take it easy because I've felt extremely nauseous today.

    ReplyDelete