Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/9/10; Oly day

Find 1RM of C&J

1RM- 205#

Warm up- Oly bar for 10,8,6, then 65# for 4, 2. 95# for 2. 135# for 2, then some good ballistic stretching.

WOD- I started on the low end, even though I knew what my previous PR was. I didn't want to just jump into the weight. I hit 165 easy, then went straight to 185#. Crushed the weight and then did 195#. After that I wanted to hit Drew's max- 205#...that's 20# over my current body weight. I hit it fairly easy and decided to end the evening on a good note. I'll try for 225 the next time I do this.

Funny note- Drew drove to Gold's gym at nearly 2200 just because I told him that I hit 215#. I love the competitive spirit.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... great competitive spirit. I think it should also be known that his cool wife was crawling into bed when he decided to do this and changed out of her pajamas to go cheer him on. Talk about spirit! And yes, I'm a little bitter about the fact that it was all a lie!

    So Drew told me to post the recipe for the cupcakes on here. He also told me he told y'all it was a Tosca recipe... false. It came from my HungryGirl cookbook. He was right on the 100 calories each info though.

    Here ya go:
    Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Cupcakes
    Makes 12 cupcakes

    Preheat oven to 350.
    Mix all cupcake ingredients together with 1/3 c. water (I almost always forget the water and they turn out fine). Whisk together for 2 minutes, or until well blended.
    Spray or line a 12 cup muffin pan. Evenly scoop batter into cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until they have puffed up but still appear a little gooey on top.
    Let cool.
    Microwave topping ingredients for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and thoroughly blended. Drizzle over cupcakes.

    For Cupcakes:
    2 c. moist style yellow cake mix
    1 c. canned pure pumpkin
    1/3 c. fat free liquid egg substitute
    2 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    2 teaspoons sugar substitute (I use xylitol)
    1/8 teaspoon salt

    For Topping:
    3 cubes chewy caramel
    2 teaspoons milk (whatever kind you have)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Those things were so yummy. I took everything in me to stop at 2 cupcakes. Ordinarily, I pound sweets like Shiner Bock.

    ReplyDelete