Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6/3/10; 6 lettered dirty word

13:00 AMRAP-
10 x 95# Snatch
10 x Burpee (lateral hops over the Oly bar)

I'll bring in the 25# bumpers for the bar. Keep the intensity high.

Rounds- 5 rounds and 3 Burpees.

Warm up- Double unders. Snatch practice and not much else.

WOD- I ran the LT through the WOD first. Lots of heart, that kid. I did a couple of snatches with the plates on for my WOD and realized...holy crap....that's a little heavy. I did muscle snatches for the first round, after that they were all power snatches. I couldn't go unbroken on any of the rounds. I split just about every round into 4/3/3 or some variation with a 4 in it. The last round (which should have been my 6th) I did 5 in a row and threw up in my mouth. The lateral burpees over the bar totally sucked. Very difficult and demanding. Looking forward to hitting this one again. More conditioning and more snatch practice should get me up to 7-8 rounds on the next attempt.

3-2-1...GO!

3 comments:

  1. This was a crazy WOD. I ended up getting 7 complete rounds, but not by much! I also only used the OLY Bar (45lbs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I made a high speed schedule of how to beat CPT Conner, and I made it through 2 rounds before I had to take 60+ seconds to gasp for air and avoid a heart attack. Total: 4 rounds - this wod is a heart rate killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was definitely a smoker. I managed 6 rounds and 7 snatches. I was using 65 lbs since I had never done this particular olympic lift before. Definitely got the heart racing.

    ReplyDelete