Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/8/10; Fat Cindy

"Cindy"
20 mins AMRAP-
5 Pull ups
10 Push ups
15 Squats

If you're an experienced CFer, add the MIR Vest (20#)

Total number of rounds- 15 and 3 push ups

Warm up- Quick little run around the block followed by some pull ups, push ups and squats.

WOD- I donned the vest and attempted a different technique- Complete the round on the minute every minute. That lasted 7 rounds before I wasn't making it through the rest periods. After that, I just tried to go as long as I could. One good note- I went unbroken on pull ups except the last round, where I went 3/2. Push ups stayed around 7/3 or 5/5. Squats stayed around 10/5 for a large part of the WOD, then I transitioned to 8/7, then 5/5/5. Very tough WOD.

Kudos to Doug for toughing it through and besting me by 2 rounds. Awesome work.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. This was definitely a smoker. The first time I did Cindy I managed 14 and 6 push-ups. I was hoping to reach that with the vest on. I knew where Mike finished and when I got to 14 I was definitely hurting. I still had quite a bit of time left so I knew I could, at least, get to where Mike finished. When I finished round 16. I said some sort of expletive and cranked out 2 more. OMG was I smoked at the end. Thanks for motivating me Mike. I love the competition we have developed in the unit. It makes the WODs more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the competition, Doug. It makes the work so much more motivating. Tomorrow's WOD is a doozy. I'll go first and I'm gonna make the time unbeatable! Game on, buddy.

    ReplyDelete