Tuesday, June 1, 2010

6/2/10; Kung Fu Grip

Is anyone paying attention to the WOD names? I'm just sayin'. I think they're funny.

3 rounds for time:
400m
25 DUs
20 toes to bar
15 KB swings
10 chest to bar (if you can) pull ups
5 Burpees

Total time- 18:23

Warm up- DU practice, a 400m run, pull ups, push ups, squats, lunges, and shooting the poop with the LT.

WOD- Brutal. I thought I'd be able to finish the WOD under 15 minutes...heck, I even said that I'm going to shoot for a sub 12 minute finish. FAIL. At 4:47, I was completing the last Burpee of the first round and was just spent. Toes to Bar are NO JOKE. I finished round 2 at 11:30ish. That was a gain of 3:00 on the first round. I reached deep for the last round because I didn't want to finish over 19:00. I collapsed after the last burpee and just laid on the ground like a pile of goo for about 3 or 4 minutes.

NOTES- This WOD sucked. All the WODs suck. Only one thing makes them suck universally, though- INTENSITY. If you're not putting any intensity into the WOD and you can carry a conversation or find time to shoot the crap...you're not getting anything out of it and your gains that you make will dissipate. I say this because I don't want anyone to fall into the trap of failing on their personal gains.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. Holy Suckfest!!! This was indeed incredible suck today. I was doing the last 400 and almost forgot to make the last turn... must have been the penguins calling me. I think I managed a 26:40. I really need to work on the DUs. I gotta get a good speed rope. Mike is right about the suck of each WOD. I have been putting it out there and always feel good for doing so... not immediately after the WOD though.

    I ran my fam through a team Running Cindy this past Saturday, in AZ, as an intro to Crossfit for them. We had 2 teams, one with 3 and the other with 4. We ran about a 200m, 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups and 15 Squats. The gang liked the team thing now I just gotta get them to stick with it. My lovely wife Gina is totally hooked and we will be building a Crossfit gym when we get to Ft Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. final time was a 22:3(?) it was a hard WOD! I did all of the DU's way faster then the Toes to Bar.

    ReplyDelete