Monday, March 8, 2010

3/8/10; DUs and a bunch of other stuff...

For time:
50-40-30-20-10 of
DUs
Push ups
KB swings (1 pood)
Sit ups
Squats
Superman

Total time- 32:49

Warm up- Not much time spent here. I worked out exceptionally late because I can't stay away from playing with my little girl since she's returned. I only did about 20 DUs, 10 push ups, sit ups and KB swings. After that, it was game on.

WOD- In honor of Greg Amundson's recent failure of qualifying for a trip to Aromas, I've focused hard on getting the DU down. I practice them every day...just a little sumpin', sumpin' to have in my repertoire. Usually only three sets of as many as I can get in a rhythm- usually single, single, double...I haven't mastered the straight sets of DUs. That said, I had a hard time getting into a rhythm on the DUs for the first set. It was something like 10-14-15-broken on the rest. Push ups are a strong suit for me, but doing them after DUs is a little difficult. I've gotten a lot better at the KB swing. I went to 30 before I had to break and rest on the first round. Straight sets on the remaining exercises except for the sit up. I have an abmat and decided to knock the dust off that thing. Wholly different exercise when you use the abmat. ROM is significantly greater and adds to the difficulty of the exercise. The rest of the rounds were basically a suckfest of sweat, grunting and agony. I did manage unbroken DUs for the 30-20-10 rounds, though. I was particularly proud of that achievement.

My next venture for improvement? Muscleups. After that, it's going to be the Oly lifts. Baby steps, right? I'm loving CF and what its all about. I have folks at work totally drinking the kool aid and I'm particularly proud of their achievements. We had a PT test this weekend and one of the kids dropped over a minute on his run and made significant improvements on his push ups and sit ups. This CF stuff is awesome.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment