Monday, March 22, 2010

3/23/10; Cardio kill

Run 1 mile
10-20-30-40-50:
Push ups
Sit ups
Supermans
DUs

More PT test prep- cardio, muscle failure, and coordination rolled up into one!

Total time- 25:36

Warm up- We ran together at the track and ran a half mile to warm up. We added one more today and I ran through proper form on the squat and the lunge. We did the usual protocol of 10s of pull ups, push ups, squats, and lunges.

WOD- I felt like I had a little bit more in the mile. The head wind was pretty strong today, too. The mile went by in 6:19. After I got back to the start, I hit the WOD. I did straight sets through 20, but my shoulders were pretty fatigued and I split the push ups 20/10 in the third round. After that it was all down hill. The last two sets went 15/5 reps at a time on push ups and sit ups usually went to about 20/10/ 5 each remaining round. After round three, supermans were almost unbearable. I had to split them into 10s...grueling 10s. The DUs really improved. I went straight sets through the third round. Round 4 was split 35/5, and round 5 was split 42/5/3. Your lungs burn something fierce after doing DUs! This was a very challenging WOD.

Tomorrow brings more PT test prep and tons of fun!

3-2-1...GO!

1 comment: