Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3/2/10; Run, Burpee, Squat with Friends!

For time:
Run 400m
21 Burpees
21 Squats
400m
15 B&S
400m
12 B&S
400m
9 B&S

Total time:
MC-11:54
Amanda- 15:13
Hill- 15:35
Murr- 16:23

As you can see from the above times, I've gathered some people together to get the Community Crossfit dream going. We invited friends from work and had a great time together. We even had a time keeper for us. Unfortunately, she was feeling a little ill, so she couldn't join us for the WOD. But she's always welcome to join the kool aid drinkers.

The warm up- I read Greg Amundson recent article in CFJ where he described his anguish at not being able to do double unders, so I've been motivated to start adding them to my warm ups. I did 3 sets of 10 DUs. I'll progress to higher numbers once I get better. After that, we did a little half mile jog, added ten pull ups, push ups, lunges, and squats.

The WOD- Everyone did great! The run is a bit of a smoker, but I was actually using it to catch my breath and give everything on the Burpees and squats. I'm improving at burpees and I'm really watching my form on the squats. Here's a great video free on youtube. I really focused on ensuring that my drive came from the heels, my butt was sitting back and down, and that I completed the repition at the top (open hips). I went straight through on all squats, however the burpees were a different story. The sets went 18-3; 10-5; 8-4; and finally 9.

Post WOD- My wife did an awesome job cooking an incredible shrimp fettuccine dinner. We sat around the table and talked and just had a great time. We definitely want this to become a regular event and I thoroughly enjoyed this. Nothing gave me greater joy than opening my house to friends for a great WOD and then having an awesome dinner. Good times. This is what Crossfit is all about- great workouts, an encouraging, positive environment, and fellowship.

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have ever been invited somewhere for a beastly workout followed by a shrimp dinner? Who does that? THE CONNERS. Nice, Michelle and I had a great time, love the workout, love the food, love the company.

    I propose that this workout shall for ever be named: "Shrimp Dinner"

    My Shrimp Dinner time was:
    16:23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done deal. This WOD is officially named...Shrimp Dinner

    ReplyDelete