Sunday, March 21, 2010

3/22/10; Barbell triplet

3 rounds for time:

135# DL x 7
135# Clean x 7
135# Push press x 7

Total time- 3:20

Warm up- We jogged a half mile today, rather than the usual 400m. We maintained the 10s of lunge, squat, pull ups, and push ups, though. Everybody in the group went through a demonstration on the points of performance for each of the lifts. Just about everyone went with the power clean and not the squat clean.

WOD- Head to head competition. It brings out the best in everyone. I went up against Drew today, who is an Ox. He's a really powerful guy and burned through this WOD just about as fast as I did. I went straight through on the first set. Had to readjust the clamps at the start of the second, then went unbroken on DLs. My second round went 4/3 on cleans, and unbroken on push presses. The last round went unbroken on DLs, 4/3 on the cleans, and 4/3 on the push press. I had to readjust the clamps every time I went for a break on the broken exercises...but I welcomed the rest. When I got done, my lungs were burning and I was SMOKED. Tough stuff.

3-2-1...GO!

3 comments:

  1. Yah the competition was Awesome. I started with a little pre-WOD crap talking, which I ended up eating. Burned through the first round and the second set of DL's without flinching and then the stars came out and my food started fighting its way up my esophagus. Slowed way down for the last set.

    Time: 4:50

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops I meant 3:50, wait, Mike were we in the 3's or the 4's? One of us is wrong. I know we were 30 sec's apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in the 3's. My trusty timekeeper said so. Also, I send the blog from work to my personal e-mail while it was fresh in my head. We didn't suck that bad... and YES, the competition is awesome. It makes you kick it into high gear.

    ReplyDelete