Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/18/10; 6 x 15s and Mr. Pukie

6 rounds for time:

15 reps each-
Push ups
KB Swings (55#)
Sit ups
KB Front SQT (55# plate)
Box jumps (24")

Total time: 21:16

I've been asked to post these ahead of time...I guess to help people get mentally right. So, here it is. More PT test prep. All full time staff must have a PT test completed by 9 APR.

Warm up- Usual protocol of 400m run, 10s of squats, push ups, pull ups, and some ballistic stretches to loosen up the joints a little bit. Exceptionally tight today from all the OH lunges yesterday. I woke up this morning and felt like I’d done a grappling tournament the day before.

WOD- I went head to head with a buddy that’s been making some great progress. The nice thing about going head to head with someone is that it drives the competitive spirit. I burned through the first round in about two minutes flat. The KB swings directly after the push ups really burn the shoulders. Another terrible combination is the squats followed by box jumps…just sick. I was completing round three right at about 10 minutes. The last round seemed to take forever. I managed to go unbroken on all my push ups and sit ups, however the KB swings, Squats, and Box jumps were a different story. I just had to break those up. Usually I was doing a 8/7 split or a 5/5/5 split on the reps.

We had a new kid join us for the fun today. I’m happy to say that Mr. Pukie made an appearance. About two and a half rounds into it, he looked at me, excused himself and became very intimate with a nearby light pole. The cheeseburger, fries and soda were a bad choice and evident in his pool of spew. He promptly returned and almost finished out four rounds. I decided to cut him off at 20 minutes and told him to drink lots of water, Gatorade, eat some food (fruit and a protein) right away and get rested. He did great and had lots of heart.

Great week this week. I got news from Drew today that after five weeks of CFing with us at the unit, he’s lost ten pounds. Great work, buddy. I’m interested to see the results of our CF experiment on the PT test in 3 weeks!

3-2-1…GO!

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the anonymous complainer, thanks for posting the wods ahead of time! It gives me a chance to prepare, not just mentally, but also the equipment/supplements that I bring with me/use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAST

    Time: 31:31

    Modified: Front squat W/ 55lbs
    Everything else to standard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a bit less than fun, given yesterday's WOD. The lunges yesterday still had my butt screaming today. The KB swings, front squats and box jump definitely increased the suck. Once it was over and I caught my breath I felt incredible.

    I agree Drew this WOD was a BEAST.

    My time - 27:30

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great times by everyone. Awesome WOD. The PT test prep stuff will continue through the next couple of weeks, I'm deciding whether or not to taper before the PT test... tapering goes against everything CF believes in. The PT test will just be an "MG" day!

    After we're done with the PT test, I want to throw in more Oly lifts and Strength stuff. It would be nice to have all of our CF totals over 900 before I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, dude, I thought you were kidding with this WOD!

    I'll try it Monday and post time. History says I'll only make 5 rounds, though. I tend to burn out about then. I ain't as tough as Army guys, eh.

    ReplyDelete