Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3/24/10; DL and PUs...

10 rounds for time:
135# DL x 15
Push ups x 15

then-

150 DUs for time

Total time- DL/PU WOD- 9:26; 150 DUs- 8:03

I figured everyone could use the practice... another head to head challenge. Awesome.

Warm up- We spent about 5 or 10 minutes jumping rope and working on the DU. Afterward, we went over the DL and how to properly do one. Focusing on the "strong back," and "open hips."

WOD- Grueling. More mental than anything else. Your body is so capable of handling this load when you're in shape, it's a matter of focusing and pushing through the muscle fatigue and lactic acid pain. We did this WOD head to head, again. I went up against Doug, who has made a TON of improvement since starting. We were neck and neck through round two and he tapered off, but just a bit (He ended up finishing in ~11:00.) After round 6 I really couldn't handle the 15 unbroken DLs, I was splitting them up in 10/5 or 8/7, with the exception of the last round, where I drove right through. The push ups are problematic for me, because of the bad shoulder. I was able to do straight sets until round 6. From that point on, it was 10/5 or 5/5/5. I was pretty stoked when I heard my time.

I knew the DUs were going to suck. I just didn't know they'd suck that bad. 8:03. Wow. I couldn't get into a rhythm and my back and shoulders were just spent, despite the 10 minute respite.

Tomorrow's our version of the chipper WOD. More suck...yay!

3-2-1...GO!

2 comments:

  1. 12:37

    Strategy was to start slow and keep a steady pace, which I did, just a little too slow. DL's were unbroken all 10 sets. pushups were broken last 4 sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My strategy was to see how long I could hang with Mike. I did fairly well. Beginning of the 3rd round was when it began to come apart a bit. I was very pleased with my time, 11:06...not bad at all. This WOD definitely had an amazing amount of suck. I haven't felt this bad at the end of a WOD in a long time. Well I have been at this steady for right at a month. I was pleased to complete all of my PUs, for all 10 rounds, with out taking a break...the short arms help. Looking forward to embracing tomorrows suck!

    ReplyDelete