Friday, March 5, 2010

3/5/10; Hill Sprints


For Time:


10 100m hill sprints. The grades varied from 1% in the beginning to as high as 11% near the end of the run.
Total time- 26:13
The warm up- A group of the regular CFers I've recruited at the unit jogged about a mile to the hill site and looked at the daunting task. Once we arrived, I walked up to the top to mark off the end point and jogged back down.

The WOD- The rules for today's WOD were simple. Climb the hill as fast as you could, jog back down and rest a minute. Repeat ten times. The total time includes the rest times. I averaged about 40-50 seconds a hill sprint, with about a minute jog down to the bottom. It's funny how time seemingly gets faster as the suck factor increases. For instance- the first minute rest seemed like ample time compared to say, round six or seven. Everybody enjoyed this WOD and nobody was complaining about the lack of suck. The variety is a nice change from running two or three miles for time, as well. I really enjoyed this WOD.

Together, the group jogged back to the unit. I don't think that any of us really wanted to, but the wife insisted on jogging back to rush to work. Ugh. So, we all followed suit. When we returned, I stretched for an additional 10 minutes. My hamstrings and glutes were so tight from the last few WODs. I've really got to invest in a foam roller.

3-2-1...GO!

1 comment:

  1. Suck Factor: High

    Time: 29'18" (including rest)

    Never under estimate this workout.

    ReplyDelete