Wednesday, March 17, 2010

3/17/10; St. Patrick's Day WOD

In honor of my Irish heritage, a most sucky WOD-

6 rounds for time:
400m run
45# OH Lunge for 25m
Carry 45# plate back to start
12 Burpees

Total time- 26:39

Warm up- Standard 400m run, 10s of pull ups, push ups, lunges, and squats. I was still pretty tight from yesterday’s WOD. My back and hamstrings were dead from yesterday’s DL/DU WOD. I still feel really tight and I spent the better part of 10 minutes stretching after today’s Workout.

The WOD- I ordinarily blast out of the gates and burn through on the runs. I tried a different method today, with a goal of sub-25 mind. I ran all my 400s in the 1:50 range…well, I tried to. I think on the last two, I was right at 2:00. The OH lunges are an awesome core strengthening and leg and glute workout. I made it straight walks on only three rounds…ironically it was 1,2, and 5. The burpees were straight sets on rounds 1 &2, after that it was broke up into either 6/6 or 4/4/4. I just didn’t have the wind in me to keep it going. I was starting round 4 at about 12:30 and during the run, I realized my legs were just completely juiced. Somewhere on the last two rounds, I think that I left my quads and glutes on the grass where I was doing the lunges. I did, however, refuse to sit or lay on the floor after completion of the WOD… thank you, Miko Salo.

I found out today that one of the guys that’s been CFing with me for the last month (he got addicted in CA) has lost 10 lbs in the last month. Great work, Doug! Kudos to Drew for dropping some weight, as well (I believe it’s 8 lbs) and sticking with it today. All these guys that workout with me have nothing but heart and determination.

3-2-1…GO!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mike. Today's WOD was awesome! When I looked at my time...28:49 I almost threw up. Friggin awesome. I thought you were kidding that I was gonna break 29 min. Thank you for the great workouts and encouragement.

    Welcome aboard the Pain Train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This WOD kept my heart rate over 90 until 10PM, that's 11 hours! Consequently I am down 10lbs from the last 5 weeks of crossfitting!.

    Time: 34:58

    ReplyDelete