Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3/16/10; DL/DU WOD

Three rounds for time:
275# DL x 10
DUs x 50

Total time- 9:41

Warm up- I did the obligatory DU warm up (5 x 20 DUs) and then did a set of 10 DLs at 135# in between each round. Broomstick shoulder stretches, pull ups, lunges and some lower back stretches rounded everything out.

WOD- If you're going to scale, the WOD is actually 75% of my last 1RM. The WOD was pretty difficult. Hammering out 10 reps was pretty tough and then transitioning to the coordination required to do a DU added an extra factor of suck. I was fairly consistent until last round...meaning that my DUs sucked. Getting into that rhythm was a pain and when I did it usually only lasted about 10-15 in a row before I got all white-guy-in-the-corner-of-the-dance-floor. The last round something magical happened - I did 33 in a row, then I finished off with the last 17. DLs were suck...no way around it. I did my 10 straight on the first set, broke up into 5-3-2 (regripping each break) on the second round, and then finished with 4-4-2 on the last set. Very demanding on the grip and lower back.

I've got a PT test coming up, so I'm going to run a 5k this evening. Nothing crazy...just about 80% of my best recent time. So, I'll keep it at 8:00/mile the whole time. CF proposes that if you're doing additional training (sport specific or CFE) that you break up the WOD/ secondary work at least three hours apart. I suspect that this has a lot to do with glycogen/ glucose replenishment and insulin spikes during post workout meals/ shakes.

In other news, the CF Level 1 cert in Dallas is paid for. I'm hoping that it's everything that everyone says it is. I dropped a substantial amount of money to do it. Even with a 20% military discount, it's a large chunk of change. Who knows...maybe Crossfit Conner at Steiner Ranch will become a reality after retirement from the Army?

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment