Monday, July 5, 2010

7/6/10; Vomit Comet

6 rounds for time-
40 DUs
20 Abmat Sit ups (Anchored)
10 Burpees

----------

Total time- 13:54

I warmed up with 5 sets of 10 DUs (every other jump), Oly bar press, push ups, squats, and abmat sit ups. The WOD went well. Unbroken on the first round. Unbroken on all burpees and I split the second to the last abmat round at 15/5 and pushed through the last round. DUs went something like 20/10/10, then 18/12/10, then some random broken fashion afterward. My lungs were burning toward the end and I was reminded of a recent Mikko Salo quote, "I must fight the bad feeling." How appropriate...the bad feeling being the urge to quit, and take a breath or to break up repetitions. Once you've achieved your physical toughness, it's time to work the mental toughness.

Work is coming to an end and I fear the unit will lose site of the fitness goals. We'll see what happens. All the gym equipment at the unit is going to be coming home with me soon.

3-2-1...GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment